Sunday 27 January 2013

Its almost February ...

Hi there,
Welcome back to this week's post! Gosh, it felt like it was New Year just yesterday and its almost February already! Well, I had to hurry to get my entry in for the January challenge over at the Ribbon Carousel!

This month's challenge is 'Winter Spirit' (RCC76) and this is what I've come up with:


The DP is Echo Park's 'Winter Park' and the cardstock is GinaK pure luxury heavy based in white.
The image is from the Penny Black 'Mimi's Christmas' set, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured with Copics.
I cut the image out using my Spellbinders Circles and sponged the edges with Tim Holtz d/i in Peacock Feathers.
The Crushed silky ribbon and net ribbon are from the Ribbon Carousel. I punched circles from the net ribbon using a circle punch, to mimic the snowflakes.
The button is from the BoBunny 'Father Christmas' range.
I added Stickles and Pearlies from my stash.

My project for this week's Paper a la Mode team over on The Outlawz Challenges happen to be some scrapbooking pages as it fits perfectly with the 'Anything Goes' theme. The Teenager went off to a sleepover on Friday morning, which gave me ample time to just sit and create until late at night. I dabble with scrapbooking from time to time but don't always have time for it (or the space on my craft desk!). 
Since spotting the new Echo Park 'For the Record 2' range a couple of months ago, I've been collecting all the bits and pieces in the range and I've been using the 6x6 papers in my card making but decided on using the 12x12 sheets for scrapbooking because I just love it so much!
I'm really pleased with the end result!







Thanks for popping in!
Hugs,
M

1 comment:

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Wonderful creations!! The scrapbook pages make me want to start up scrapping again and the card is so cute with that adorable image and lovely colour scheme :)