Sunday 18 November 2012

Banners for Foster Kids Blog Hop

Banners for Foster Kids Birthday Party's
Blog Hop

Hi! Welcome to Foster Kids Birthday Party's Blog Hop! Here is a bit of background info from Jennifer about the hop:

Many of you may be familiar with CardMonkey's awesome banner hops for kids. I was so inspired by them that I wanted to find another opportunity to do good with my crafting. I happened upon a volunteer at Birthday Magic at a work event & followed up with them. They loved the idea of handmade birthday banners, so I put out the call and I was lucky to have 15 awesome crafters join me! So today you will get to see everyone's creations!


If you've never heard of Birthday Magic, you can see their site here - 
BirthdayMAGIC is a program of the Volunteer Center of Sacramento, which provides personalized monthly birthday parties to children currently living in Sacramento area homeless shelters, transitional living facilities, community programs or residential treatment centers.

The goal of BirthdayMAGIC is to brighten the lives of children by providing fun, meaningful and memorable birthday parties during what can be an awkward and challenging experience in their lives.

Each month, children living in these shelters will celebrate birthdays – through financial support, volunteer help and the BirthdayMAGIC program, these wonderful children will receive a birthday party thrown in their honor.

For more information on sponsoring a party please contact us at info@volunteersac.org or call (916) 567-3100.

I'm looking forward to dropping off all the amazing banners for them to use in the parties!

So now, sit back & enjoy all the great banners!!!


The guidelines we were given for the banners were:
Gender neutral
Suitable for ages 3-12
Fairly sturdy

I chose bright colours and decided on a Disney theme as all kids love Disney and it's suitable for both boys and girls.
I cut the triangle pennants using my Spellbinders Nested Lacey Pennants but had to cut two shapes for each pennant to ensure that it was sturdy enough.
The letters for happy birthday were cut at 4", using my Slice machine.
I used my 'Mickey' punch by EK Success to add the 'Disney' element.
All the materials used were from my stash.

Here are some close-ups:

 


 

You should have started the hop at: Jennifer Restivo's Blog and the next person on the blog is Jamie Moore


Here is the blog line-up:


Madeleen Field (you are here)



Tonia Williams www.twcards.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much for hopping with us.


9 comments:

Shawn Mosch said...

Love the bright colors . . . and I always love anything with Disney on it!

Shawn
Crafty Chics Blog
and
MyCutSearch.com ~ Find your Cricut images FAST!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!

Unknown said...

I like your banner

Arts and Crafts Fanatic! said...

Love Disney anything!

Lisa said...

I love the look of your pennants and I love the Mickey heads ;)

Unknown said...

Oh my word, some child will be thrilled to get this banner! Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Love your banner! You did a phenomenal job and I'm sure it will make a child smile! Thanks so much for being a part of this hop!
Jennifer

Unknown said...

Great colors. LOVE Disney anything. Love the details.

Melissa
iamapapermaniac.blogspot.com
scraplady202@gmail.com

Jamie_G said...

I would love to hand that up for MY birthday!! Beautiful work and all the details to each piece of the banner it perfect!

Sarah Biswabic said...

They will love this banner! It is so adorable!