Friday 31 August 2012

Happy Birthday

Hi there,
I'm back today with two birthday cards I've made recently:

The first one is for my very special BIL. I wanted to make something really special for him and chose the GinaK 'Wild About You' stamp set:


The giraffe DP I used on the background is from the BoBunny Zoology paper pack and the brad is from the matching brads set also by BoBunny. I stamped the images and background using a range of Memento inks in Cantaloupe, Tangelo, Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black onto GinaK pure luxury Ivory cardstock. The hessian and jute twine are from my stash. The card is mounted on GinaK Designs pure luxury cardstock in Chocolate Brown.

I've also entered this card into this week's Live Chat Challenge (Show me some Metal) over on StampTV.

The next card is another birthday card, for a 7-year old boy:


The dinosaur image and sentiment are from the 'Little Loveosaurus' stamp set by My Favourite Things. For the background and paper piecing of the dinosaur, I used the Echo Park 'A Boy's Life' paper. I stamped the image and sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto GinaK pure luxury Red Hot cardstock and used the Labels 16 die by Spellbinders to cut out the sentiment. Ribbon, button & twine from my stash.

Thanks so much for popping in!
Hugs,
M

3 comments:

OlgaB said...

Your giraffe card is gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Love your cards esp. the top one! Love the sun and the coloring around the giraffes! The little boy card is adorable! Sweet - hugz

Anonymous said...

The card arrived and it is absolutely beautiful. Most probably ur best one up to date xxx