Saturday 30 June 2012

Some Masculine Creations

Hi there,
Welcome back to this week's post! I've been playing around with masculine creations this week and would like to share my latest creations with you:

 

  

The card stock for all the cards is from GinaK Designs pure luxury in Dark Chocolate and I paired it with GinaK's 'Casual Friday' DP and pure luxury Ivory cardstock. 

For the bow-tie card I used Tami Mayberry's Label Borders stamp set (from GinaK Designs) for the bottom band (stamped on GKD pure luxury Ivory c/s in Memento Rich Cocoa) and glued some Tim Holtz grunge board letters onto it, after inking it with Memento Rich Cocoa. The ribbon is also from GinaK Designs. I also embossed the background paper using the Swiss Dots folder in my Cuttlebug.
I found the idea for the little shirt on Pinterest (from Wendy Weixler - here). Wendy also lists the website where you can find the step-by-step photos for folding the little shirt!
For the larger shirt card, I cut the dp to resemble a shirt, and used a white gel pen to add the stitching. I also found this idea on Pinterest and have adapted it slightly. (You can check out the original blog post over here.)
The card with the little wire hanger is so cute! I used the Spots & Dots Cuttlebug folder to emboss the background paper and twisted the little hanger, using some craft wire I had sitting in a basket on my craft table. I hand-cut the ties from scrap dp. (This is another idea I saw somewhere on the web but can't recall where - I will amend this post and add the original web post as soon as I find it again LOL).
To finish off the cards, I used Theresa Momber's By the Sea stamp set and stamped 'Happy Father's Day' on the inside in Memento Rich Cocoa.

Thanks for looking! 
Hugs,
M

No comments: