Friday 27 January 2012

More Challenge Entries: StampTV & Ribbon Carousel

Hi there and welcome back to my blog. It's still school holidays in NZ until Monday, when most schools start again for the year. I 've been busy this week with birthday cards and challenge entries and will share some of them with you today. One birthday card I'll have to hold back as I don't want the receiver to spot it on my blog before she receives it! LOL I will share it with you guys later on!

The first card is my entry for the StampTV Free For All Friday challenge. This week you have to CASE one of the DT ladies, the very lovely Jennie Harper. Jennie has quite an extensive and very inspiring gallery over on StampTV and I suggest you hop over there and have a look.
The card I CASEd is Jennie's "As for me":
As for Me...
This is my version of Jennie's card:

Tools & Products:
Cardstock: GinaK Designs 
Designer paper: Jillibean Soup - Blossom Soup & Home Made 6 Bean Soup
Scorpal, Ledah TM-10 paper trimmer & Spin Eco Permanent  Glue Tape
Image & Sentiment: GinaK Designs "Home Is" by Tami Mayberry
Copics: Y15, R27, C-1
Foam Tape

The second card is for this week's Ribbon Carousel Challenge (RCC37) hosted by Suzanne J Dean.

I decided to make a Valentine's Day card using non-traditional colours. This is my card:
This card is more masculine with the ivory and chocolate brown combo (very non-traditional colours!). I really like how the stitching stands out as well.

Tools & Products:
Cardstock: GinaK. Design in Ivory and Chocolate Brown
Sewing Machine
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz in Tea Dye
Jute twine
Ink: Archival Coffee
Sentiment: Sweet Stamp Shop Sentimental Birds
Fiskars Border Scallop Punch
Foam Tape, Zots glue dots
Scorpal, Ledah TM-10 paper trimmer
Button: Own stash


My last card this week is for a very special little (almost) 4-year old. Our little friend LOVES horses and the colour pink and I decided to make a birthday card with a difference - maybe something her parents can frame  and hang in her bedroom?
I didn't want to put the words "Happy Birthday" on the card as it's more a 'scene' than a traditional birthday card, but quite like the two charms - her initial and a horse. The horse stamp is from Hastings Rubber Stamps. I stamped it twice on white cardstock, coloured it with Copics and fussy cut it before mounting with foam tape.

Tools & Products:
Cardstock: GinaK Designs in Innocent Pink, Black Onyx, Ivory & Grass Green
Designer paper: Clouds - Stash, Sun - Stash, Grass -Echo Park (Victoria Gardens), Jillibean Soup (Blossom Soup) , Mountains - BoBunny (Gabrielle Collection)
Twine: The Twinery - Blossom
Charms & buttons: Own stash
Scorpal, Ledah TM-10 paper trimmer & Spin Eco Permanent  Glue Tape
Dies: Die-Namics flat bottom clouds & fresh cut grass
Horse stamp: Hastings Rubber Stamps
Sun: Stamped with the sun image from GinaK Designs "Home Is" by Tami Mayberry

Thanks so much for looking. We're going away for the weekend so I'll be back on Sunday, when I'll be able to respond to any queries/responses on the blog.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Hugs,
M


3 comments:

Riette said...

Hulle is pragtig!! Ek is mal oor die stikwerk op die Valentynskaartjie

Hannelie said...

Elke een pragtig op sy eie manier!
Hoop julle het n heerlike naweek... sterkte vir die nuwe skooljaar!

Anonymous said...

love the horse card I'm sure D will be delighted with it.